Derika de Villiers, MSc
I am an Amsterdam based clinical psychologist trained in South Africa providing psychotherapy for expats in English and Afrikaans. I have an in independent practice, registered at the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) and the Board of Healthcare funders (BHF).
My Educational Background
I have obtained the following degrees:
- BA (psych) at the University of Pretoria (UP)
- BA (hon) psych at Nelson Mandela University (NMU)
- MA (research) psych at Nelson Mandela University (NMU)
- MSc (clinical psychology) at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences Unversity (SMU)
I have built my expertise by working at the following organizations:
- Weskoppies Psychiatric Hospital
- Child Therapy Center (CTC)
- Steve Biko Hospital
- Student Counselling Career and Development Center (SCCDC) at Nelson Mandela University
- South African College of Applied Psychology (SACAP)
- I also enjoy medical psychology and worked as a consultant for Charis psychological services where I rendered online therapy to individuals (and their family) who suffered neuro and spinal cord injuries.