Derika de Villiers, MSc
I am an Amsterdam based clinical psychologist trained in South Africa providing psychotherapy for expats in English and Afrikaans. I have an in independent practice, registered at the Dutch Association of Psychologist (NIP), Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA), the Board of Healthcare funders (BHF) and Kamers van Koophandel (KVK).
My Educational Background
I have obtained the following degrees:
- BA (psych) at the University of Pretoria (UP)
- BA (hon) psych at Nelson Mandela University (NMU)
- MA (research) psych at Nelson Mandela University (NMU)
- MSc (clinical psychology) at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences Unversity (SMU)
I have built my expertise by working at the following organizations:
- Weskoppies Psychiatric Hospital
- Child Therapy Center (CTC)
- Steve Biko Hospital
- Student Counselling Career and Development Center (SCCDC) at Nelson Mandela University
- South African College of Applied Psychology (SACAP)
- I also enjoy medical psychology and worked as a consultant for Charis psychological services where I rendered online therapy to individuals (and their family) who suffered neuro and spinal cord injuries.